Communique on the 40th Ordinary Session of the African Committee of Experts on the Rights and Welfare of the Child, Maseru, Lesotho,
23 November-01 December 2022
The African Committee of Experts on the Rights and Welfare of the Child finalized its 40th Ordinary Session which was held in hybrid manner physically in Maseru, Lesotho as well as virtually from 23 November to 01 December 2022.
The Session was attended by Representatives of children, Representatives of Member States, Representatives of the African Union Commission and AU Organs, Representatives of UN Agencies, and Representatives of Civil Society Organizations.
The Opening Ceremony of the Session had remarks from:
- Representative of children, Child Haufi Thatho;
- Representative of the CSO forum, Ms. Felistus Motimedi;
- Representative of the Network of African National Human Rights Institutions (NANHRI), Mr. David Barissa;
- Representative of the African Commission on Human and Peoples’ Rights, Hon. Commissioner Marie Louise Abomo;
- President of the African Court on Human and Peoples’ Rights, Hon. Lady Justice Imani Aboud;
- Representative of the Department of Health, Humanitarian and Social Affairs, Mr Lefhoko Kesamang;
- High Commissioner of the Republic of South Africa to the Kingdom of Lesotho, H.E. Constance Seoposengwe;
- Chairperson of the Committee, Hon Joseph Ndayisenga;
- Queen of the Kingdom of Lesotho, Her Majesty Queen Masenate Mohato Seeiso.